Sunday, April 24, 2011

My new Converse

In high school I was that kid that wore Converse. Not only that, but they were Kelly green Converse. Not only that, I wore them with Care Bear shoe laces. Oh yes, Care. Bear. laces. I was most definitely at the height of fashion...not. My junior (or maybe it was my senior?) year of high school I switched to black Converse. Perhaps I was trying to be more serious? Who knows. It's been several years since then that I've actually worn a pair of Converse sneakers. But recently I'd been getting this desire to own a pair once again. By complete happenstance, I was at DSW the other day with my girl Sarah (Second City Slicker) trying to find shoes for her wedding. We didn't find what we were looking for, so we decided to check out the clearance rack, and low-and-behold a pair of black Converse, size nine for 40% off, was staring right at me! I couldn't believe my luck!

A few days later, I wore this outfit to work. 

 I love how the top and bottom portions of this outfit blend together to make a sophisticated but casual look.

Everyone keeps telling me I need to scruff up my Converse, but I think I'll keep the whites white for a little longer. 
 Converse~ DSW $26

Soon enough, and if you continue to follow this blog, you will begin to see my obsession with owls. I'm not sure how I became infatuated with these adorable birds, but I love them, and I love them as a part of my wardrobe. Over the past few months, I've seen owls everywhere I shop, which is fantastic, but horrible at the same time because I want every owl thing I see! Recently, I purchased this owl necklace from ModCloth. I thought it was a nice touch to my outfit.

GAH! So cute!

Moving on...I love this turtle neck because it has short sleeves, which makes layering easy and comfortable. I hate when long sleeves get bunched up under sweaters. 
Turtle neck~ Forever21, but a hand-me-down from a friend.

I haven't worn this sweater in a while so it was nice to incorporate it in this outfit. Because I worry that it might look very baby doll-esk, I like pairing it with darker colors. 
Sweater~ H&M
 And that is Freya's rump in the photo. I didn't have the heart to move her. 

Oh, and my jeans are from Gap, FYI.

Happy Easter! 

السلام!


P.S. I still own those green Converse. I've saved them for the occasional 80s party, where they are always a hit.
You know you love them.




No comments:

Post a Comment