Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fashion-ista? No, but I can try.

Lately I have been inspired by a handful of fashion bloggers that, like me, have a small budget to work with and must re-invent their outfits constantly. They have inspired me to take a second look at the clothes I own and to wear them with a little more style, a little more swag.

In an effort to wear my clothes, overflowing in my closet (literally), to their fullest potential, I shall be documenting a few of my wardrobe choices throughout the week. Bear with me, as I have to take my own photos and sometimes the outcome looks a little wonky.

Outfit 1: A classy night out.

Saturday night I had plans to eat at a swanky restaurant called Geja's (if you live in the Windy City, I highly recommend you check this place out). As the weather is getting *somewhat* nicer, I thought I'd wear a dress I bought last summer and never wore.

I had to fiddle around with this photo A LOT in order to make it look halfway decent, so, again I apologize for the low quality picture. Hopefully, though, you can get a gist of the outfit. Pictures of each article of clothing are below.

Dress~ H&M; bought at a consignment store for maybe 20 bucks.
I love the movement of this dress!
 
Sweater~ Target, but a hand-me-down from a friend
Belt~ Thrifted; $4
 
Now to my favorite part of this outfit!
Shoes~ Michael Kors; bought at a consignment store for $25. STEAL!
Oops! My lovely cat, Freya, wanted to be a part of the action.
 Here they are, sans cat. The lighting makes them look like patent leather, but they are not. 
  
 I look forward to posting more outfits. I must give a shout-out to my girl, Sarah, over at Second City Slicker. She and I are on the same wavelength, at the moment, so you should check out some of her outfits, as well.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment