Thursday, May 19, 2011

Girl and the Goat



Last Monday, two of my best buddies and I went to the Girl and the Goat in the West Loop of Chicago--  Although the food was to die for, I think its big claim to fame is its chief, Stephanie Izard, winner of Top Chief's fourth season (and I saw her! eek!). I know I was excited to be there! We had to make the reservation two months in advance-- I know, its that kind of restaurant.

The food was excellent; its served like tapas so we each ordered three dishes to share between us. Everything was exceptionally savory. The only dish I wasn't a huge fan of was the lamb tartar. I don't know, there's just something about raw meat that is not appealing to me...Anywhoo, to add the to great evening was the surprise arrival of Rham Emanual, Chicago's mayor! I don't care what your politics are, its pretty cool to see someone with "celebrity" status walk through the door right next to you...with body guards.

 


Here is what I wore to the dinner (I had to look good for my ladies!)
 After dinner. I should've snapped a quick photo of Rahm!


(Yes, this photo is blurry. I'm working on the timed picture process, so we'll see how I improve!)
Belt ~ Thrifted
Sweater ~ Gap (sale)
Dress~ Forever 21 (gift)
Pants ~ Crosstrader ($16?)

I have to comment about my pants. They are actually stretchy cotton and, oh so comfy!
Shoes ~ Payless ($20)
Hope you have a swell Thursday!
السلام!

No comments:

Post a Comment