Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Few Things...

Tragedy struck two weeks ago. My favorite pair of Gap skinny jeans ripped. Right by my crotch...lovely. I didn’t feel it rip, didn’t heard it rip, so it was a great shock when, as I was sitting cross legged on the floor, glanced down and noticed the huge hole! I. was.devastated. My heart sank to the floor, the only sounds I could emit from my mouth were little squeaks of horror and sadness.



Now, I have always believed that if you don’t know how to sew, make friends with someone who does, better yet, make it someone in your family. Fortunately, my mother is an incredible seamstress, a true artist with the needle and thread. Unfortunately, she lives in Tucson, hundreds of mile from my home.

As I was trying to solve my dilemma (I was seriously thinking of bringing my jeans to Tucson-- I’ll be there today!), when my adopted sewing queen came to the rescue! For the past month, my friend Talia’s parents have been in the city to be present for the birth of their second grandchild (no, not Talia’s). When I mentioned to Talia what had happened to my jeans (because I knew she would understand my devastation, as she also has a love affair with her Gap skinny jeans) she suggested her mom fix them. Ta-dah! Genius! Excellent idea! A wave of relief washed over me; my pants were going to be saved, they would be fixed by the time I went to Tucson and I wouldn't have to drop $60 that I don’t have at Gap. Hallelujah!


 Like new! Thanks Momma Schlamowitz!

On to other musings: the state of my jewelry box.

All of my necklaces are hanging neatly on my wall. My earrings on the other hand, well, they are in utter chaos.




I wish I could say this is organized chaos, but its not. When I’m looking for smaller earrings, I have to take out the larger earrings just to find them. Any thoughts on how I could organize my earrings in a civilized manner?

2 comments:

  1. So I just found this blog of yours BUT a good way to organize earrings is to buy a plastic (clear) container for beads like at hobby lobby or Michael's something like this: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/craft-storage-case-472183/

    Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete