Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Funny thing...

Now that it has been three months since I last posted, I have so much material that I'm not sure where to begin-- so I'll start in the middle. At the very beginning of summer, a good friend of mine hosted a BBQ on her beautiful deck that overlooks parts of Lincoln Park. It was a wonderful night of yummy food, good company and Hamms. At the time we were bummed that the weather was still in the 60s and 70s (although we are wishing it was now!), but it allowed me to wear this heavier dress:

I adore this vintage dress I bought from a tiny vintage boutique called Land of the Lost. It is tagless, so it was a 50/50 chance it would fit when I grabbed it off the clothes rack. Lucky for me, it fits like a glove :) I first wore it to my college graduation, so I was happy to have an occasion to wear it again.

I love the lime green embroidery. I like to think that some young fashion-ista in the late 60s/early 70s wore this dress. *Please note that I have no idea when this dress was made, the decades previously mentioned are just my logical guess. If you think/know when it was made, please share!

Me and Sarah from Second City Slicker. She's a married woman now! 
 
Gorgeous views from the balcony.

 
Hope your week is starting off well!

السلام

No comments:

Post a Comment